Saturday, July 19, 2014

I Can't See My Feet

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying: I can't see my feet, there is too much happening. Myosotis is blooming bright blue between the stepping stones along with white alyssum and I am careful to step over both. The Alaska daisies are four feet tall and white seems to be the current predominant color given all the daisies, yarrow, feverfew and chamomile.



Yes, there is also Rudbeckia, Artemesia, lambs ears and lavender, but it is the color white that repeats itself throughout. I took this next picture by the rain barrel just to indicate the height of it all. Two days of heavy rain and high wind has slanted quite a few stems in a catty-wompus fashion but the pollinators don't care. They enter the blooms from whatever direction necessary. You can also see the "garden" at the back of the house adjacent to the wild side which begins with a field of Comptonia.


My thrill for the coming week is to watch the Unknowns bloom and then identify them. I did sow at least ten packets of seed last May. I have come to believe the geese ate all the marigold seedlings but what about the cockscomb? the zinnia? I wander around spying clenched flowers buds with hints of color within and I think: "What are you?" Next week, I'll know.


No comments:

Post a Comment