Saturday, March 22, 2014

Elusive Spring

Although I have accrued yet more seeds, including milkweed from a shop in Newcastle, the weather continues to be uncooperative. The ice is almost gone from the garden paths, the dogs and I can walk the tenth of a mile from the house to the road on something akin to mud. I may snip and saw tomorrow as I just need to be OUT, even if it is in rain. The only flowers are indoors. The geraniums in my classroom continue to be spectacular, the African violet and orchid in my kitchen soldier on. I have a window sill full of blooms which are actually kelp holdfasts and above them I watch the deer that I feed. I'm uncertain which disorder this identifies with - why feed the creatures that are foes to the garden? Why, because they, too, are beautiful to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment