Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ice and Rusty Metal, and Snow in the Forecast

Temperatures broke enough this weekend to be outdoors on Saturday without a heavy jacket, mittens and hat. The snowbanks had not melted enough to give me access to use my newly arrived Felco tools (pruners AND loppers AND pruning saw), so instead we chopped a hole through the eighteen inch thick ice in order to create a swimming hole for the Compost Aides. They just loved it. Then we followed an Uncle Henry's ad to Clifton and brought home a lovely metal gate. It may suffice to block the geese from the garden area or it may become a vine support. My grow light is still in the box, my portulaca seeds are still in the packet. The snow predicted for Tuesday through Thursday may change those circumstances, I may absolutely need to plant something.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment